You toss a coin (heads or tails), then spin a three-color spinner (red, yellow, or blue). Complete the tree diagram, and then use it to find a probability.
1. Label each column of rectangles with “Coin toss” or “Spinner.”
2. Write the outcomes inside the rectangles. Use H for heads, T for tails, R for red, Y for yellow, and B for blue.
3. Write the sample space to the right of the tree diagram. For example, write “TY” next to the branch that represents “Toss a tails, spin yellow.”
4. How many outcomes are in the event “Toss a tails, spin yellow”? (1 point)
5. What is the probability of tossing tails and spinning yellow? (1 point)