Terry is buying juice. He needs 3 liters. A half-liter of juice costs $2.39. A 250-milliliter container of juice costs $1.69. What should Terry buy so he gets 3 liters at the lowest price? Explain.
1. What are the two units of measurement used in this problem?
2. What do you need to do to the prices before you can compare the costs?
3. How can you convert the half-liter price to cost per liter? Explain.
4. How many 250 milliliter bottles are in 1 liter? Explain.
1. Milliliters and Liters
2. For the milliliters you must multiply them by 12 because each milliliter container needs to be multiplied by 12 to have 3 liters, and for half liters, you must multiply the cost by 6 because there are 6 half liters in 3 liters.
3. You can convert the half liters to cost the same as the liters by multiplying them by 2 since 2 halves is 1 entire liter.
4. 1000 milliliters in 1 liter.
uh i think like 27 because it’s my favorite number but if you got a different favorite number you should do that one i guess