An aquarium is on sale for $59.50. If this price represents a 15% discount from the original price, what is the original price to the neares

Question

An aquarium is on sale for $59.50. If this price represents a 15% discount from the original price, what is the original price to the nearest cent?

in progress 0
Thái Dương 1 year 2021-07-31T10:57:07+00:00 2 Answers 197 views 0

Answers ( )

    0
    2021-07-31T10:58:42+00:00

    The correct answer is that the guy on top of me is correct

    1
    2021-07-31T10:58:46+00:00

    Answer: The original price is $70.00


    Step-by-step explanation:

    The problem states that $59.50 is the discounted price, this means that it is not the 100% price of the aquarium. Since 15% is the discount, the remaining price is equivalent to 85% of the original price, which amount to $59.50.


    100% – 15% = 85%


    100% – 15% = $59.50


    To get original price, we must divide the discounted price by its corresponding percentage.


    $59.50 / 85% = original price

    $59.50 / 0.85 = $70


    To check, we must get the 15% equivalent amount from the original price.


    $70 x 15% = $10.50 discount value

    $70 – $10.50 = $59.50 discounted price

    I hope it helps you

Leave an answer

Browse

Giải phương trình 1 ẩn: x + 2 - 2(x + 1) = -x . Hỏi x = ? ( )