At a certain company, there are two factors that determine the cost of health care. If an employee makes
less than $65,000 per year, the cost is $52 per month for individual coverage and $98 per month for family
coverage. If an employee makes at least $65,000 per year, individual coverage is $67 per month and family
coverage is $122 per month.
a.) Graham makes $62,800 per year. He has individual health care. His year contribution is 10% of the total
cost. How much does his employer contribute?
b.) Claudia’s annual salary is $75,400. She has family health care. Her employer contributes $1,052 per
month towards her total coverage cost. What percent does Claudia contribute toward the total coverage?
Round to the nearest tenth of a percent.


  1. Graham’s employer would pay $561.60  for his health coverage
    Claudia pays 28.14% of her total cost of health coverage annually
    What type of coverage does Graham uses?
    Note that Graham has an individual health coverage, in essence, his total cost per month is $52 since he earns less than $65,000, out of which he would only be responsible for 10% of total annual cost of health care coverage.
    Monthly payment=$52
    Annual cost=$52*12
    annual cost=$624
    Since he pays just 10%, it means that the employer would bear the remaining cost, which is 90%
    Employer’s contribution=90%*$624
    Employer’s contribution=$561.60
    What type of coverage does Claudia has?
    Claudia has family health care coverage and she earns more than $65,000 on annual basis, which means her cost per month is $122
    annual cost=$122*12
    annual cost=$1,464.00
    Claudia’s share=(total cost-employer share)/total cost
    Claudia’s share=($1,464.00-$1,052.00)/$1,464.00
    Claudia’s share=28.14%
    Find out more about health  insurance coverage on:


Leave a Comment